October 28 - September 30 2022 | Timber Lakes Camp and Retreat Center
Each fall theSWITCH heads south of Ottawa for a weekend away from the cares of this world. Wow, wouldn’t that be nice? We do get away–but what we get away from is our routine, our distractions, our schedules and our devices. It is a change of pace that allows us to focus better on God. We literally retreat in order to see God in a new way, from a different perspective.
What do we do while on retreat? We play games, we build and strengthen relationships, we learn about Christ, we eat, we try to get some sleep…it’s pretty much the best weekend the students will have all year!
Below are the details for this year’s Fall Retreat.
Who: Both Middle School and High School students
When: October 28-30, 2022
Where: Timber Lakes Camp and Retreat Center
1375 Rock Creek Rd
Williamsburg, KS 66095
“If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.” —Colossians 3:1-3
There is a movement happening among the people of God, because of God.
Because of God’s holiness, we stand in awe. Because of God’s sacrifice, we rise from the grave. Because of God’s plan, we live abundantly. Because of God’s message, we spread hope like wildfire.
Departure: 5:00pm Friday from FBC
Return: About 11:30am Sunday (before end of 2nd service)
Cost: $80 by Oct. 2, $95 from Oct. 3-23.
- Register and pay online HERE
- You may also pay by a check made out to FBC
- Last day for full refund in the case of cancelation is Oct. 16
What TO bring:
- Bible & Pen
- Sleeping bag or bedding for twin-sized bed
- Personal grooming items/toiletries
- Appropriate clothing and footwear for the weather/time of year (it is a camp in the woods with spots of rough terrain)
What NOT to bring:
- Cell phones, iPods or other electronic devices.
- Illegal items (Alcohol, tobacco, e-cigs or vape pens, drugs etc.)
- Pets (including dogs, cats, penguins, aquatic life, or fowl)
- Guns, knives, fire works (or other weapons)
- Registration closes Oct. 23. Refunds cannot be given after Oct. 16 unless another person can take the place of the signed-up participant not able to attend.